Monday, July 14, 2008

Week 1

First, let me just say that I am really liking this block schedule. I feel that we can really get into good discussion and that there is continuity through the days.

I've been thinking A LOT about course design throughout the last couple of days. I think I'm kind of amazed at how much planning and follow up really does go into course planning and I'm a bit ashamed to admit that often I just kind of throw things together to see if it will work. I feel I am getting a better handle on course planning and how to use the materials I have more effectively. I also am understanding more the importance of good course planning and have made promises to myself to be a better course planner.

I'm not sure if I have specific questions about the material. I think the biggest thing I have been doing is questioning myself and the reasons why I choose to do or not do something. I've been realizing slowly how much effort course planning is. Since I am going to plan new courses for this upcoming school year, I'm a little overwhelmed. There is so much thought and planning that goes into designing a new curriculum that I am kind of wondering where to start.

1 comment:

Emily Vanderpool said...

How much have you been thinking about course design?